about 1 year ago
Siskiyou Pathways is for students in grades 9-12 who are seeking a non-classroom based program and want to design a flexible educational program that meets their individual needs, interests and learning styles.
- Students in the Siskiyou Pathways Program will identify a home community high school where they may elect to participate in athletics and graduate with their class.
- Students will meet initially with their instructor to design their individualized learning plan which includes a selection of courses, extracurricular activities, and future goals.
- Students meet weekly with their instructor to receive help, turn in assignments, get new work, and monitor progress of their individualized learning plan and progress toward graduation.
- The academic coursework is equivalent in content and rigor to the traditional classroom. Students need to schedule 30 or more study hours per week to stay on track for graduation.
- Students will have access to learning centers where they can receive academic help and access to technology in each of the school communities.
- Courses meet A-G requirements for application to University of California programs